Tuesday 21 October 2008

Golf Initiation

Impression of the golf initiation by Michael (and Eric Tordeurs):

I focus my attention on the ball, I say a tough line: "I'm gonna get you sucker!!!" The golf coach is watching, I have to hit the ball or he'll kick my ass. The pressure, I can't handle it... but I have to.
I swing the club like we were told to do and POW!!! Off he goes, like a rocket! 125m Ow yeah.

"Beginner's luck!", the coach says. And I think he was right. The next balls all went 1m over the edge OR far far and away... In the field with the cows on the right, over and over.

Hans Devos told me that there's a reason the golf balls have these small holes on the surface. The size of the holes has an effect on how the ball flies through the air (if you get it off the ground in the first place).

But I think "my balls" only had holes in them on the right side, or the left side, or whatever.
Anyway I had a great time, I think most people did.
So that evening the cows ate a lot of golf balls. We didn't! We had one hell of a great meal!
Also the atmosphere at the après-golf reached the meanwhile well known level of fun and ‘laughing out loudly’ !

However … a hidden side of the youngest attendee showed up unexpectedly… “enjoy” her paparazzo work in attached photo book …

Thanks Sas for another great experience at Cernum!!!

I'm looking forward to the next event, being the pingpong tournament … If YOU didn’t subscribe yet : shame on you ! ;-)

Greetz,

Michael
For all the pictures of the golf (and après-golf!) check out: http://picasaweb.google.com/CernumInMotion/GolfInitiation#

No comments: